|First Obtained||MedSci Deck|
|Requirements||Standard Weapons - 3|
|Ammunition|| Rifled Slugs|
|Attack Type|| Single Shot|
|Damage|| 8 (Single Shot)|
16 (Triple Shot)
While it looks like a traditional (albeit incredibly deadly) shotgun, this magazine-loaded behemoth also supports a triple-load shot, which has been known to split its victims in two. A few months after its introduction, its popularity with hunters and other weapons enthusiasts prompted a large-scale purchase of the guns by the UNN military.
The Shotgun requires Standard Weapons skill level 3 to use. No research is required.
|Rifled Slugs - The most common type of shotgun shell in the game that is often carried by Shotgun Hybrids. They deal Standard damage.|
|Anti-Personnel Shells - Rare ammunition that is effective against organic opponents and deals High Explosive damage.|
|Ammo Type||Annelid||Half-Annelid||Mech||Half-Mech||Basic||Final Boss|
- Single Shot - It fires a single shot when the trigger is pulled.
- Triple Shot - It fires three rounds simultaneously and deals double damage.
- Upgrade 1 - Reduces reload time by 2/3 and increases damage by 10%.
- Upgrade 2 - Reduces kickback by 2/3 and increases damage to a total of 25%.
- Unlike the Talon M2A3 .45 Caliber Pistol, which is frequently used as an early weapon in most character builds, the shotgun should be used only if the player wants to specialize in Standard Weapons.
- Rifled slugs are one of the most common ammunition types in the game. Shotgun Hybrids have a decent chance of dropping 6 shotgun slugs when killed, and will always have 1 shotgun slug that can be obtained by unloading their dropped shotgun. While the Shotgun is not as useful as other weapons, it's unlikely that you will ever be short of ammo for it.
- When carrying this weapon, loot every Shotgun from every fallen Shotgun Hybrid and unload it. You will have a plentiful stock of Rifled Slugs in no time.
- The major weakness of this weapon is that it cannot deal extra damage to mechanical enemies and as such you still need the Pistol.
- When using Rifled Slugs, a shotgun will fire a single projectile and is suitable in most cases. When using Anti-Personnel Shotgun Shells it will shoot six pellets, reducing its effective range.
- The alternate fire mode is normally a waste of ammunition, expending three times as much ammo for only double the damage, but can be useful if you need to be certain of taking down an enemy in one shot. Fighting Rumblers at close quarters is one such occasion.
- The first non-broken shotgun in the game, which is located next to a corpse upstairs in the flooded storage room across from Watts' quarters on the MedSci Deck, is unbreakable and has reduced recoil. It will still decay, but will never jam regardless of its condition.
- The model of this weapon is unknown.
- According to the in-game description, this weapon is developed by the consumer division of the TriOptimum Corporation, and is largely favored by hunters and weapon enthusiasts.