|Requirements|| Strength - 2|
Standard Weapons - 6
|Ammunition|| Standard Bullets|
|Attack Type|| Single Shot|
|Summon Code||"assault rifle"|
The M-22 Assault Rifle is a weapon that appears in System Shock 2. It is the most powerful Standard Weapon in the game.
The Assault Rifle requires Standard Weapons skill level 6 and Strength 2 to use. No research is required.
|Ammo Type||Annelid||Half-Annelid||Mech||Half-Mech||Basic||Final Boss|
- NORM (Primary mode) - It fires a single shot when the trigger is pulled.
- AUTO (Secondary mode) - It fires bullets continuously until the player stops pulling the trigger or the magazine runs out of ammunition.
- Upgrade 1 - Reduces reload time by 2/3 and increases damage by 10%.
- Upgrade 2 - Increases clip size from 36 to 72 and increases damage to a total of 25%.
One can be found in Hydroponics Deck Sector A on the floor beside a dead body
- When using the right type of ammunition, this weapon can pin any enemy down within 5 shots, including Rumblers.
- Although not as deadly as the Grenade Launcher, the Assault Rifle uses the most common types of ammunition in the game, making it one of the most practical ranged weapons.
- Since the Assault Rifle uses the same ammo as the Pistol and is a far better weapon, you might as well drop the pistol once you are able to use it.
- It is the most durable Standard Weapon in the game.
- AUTO mode of this weapon drains ammo at an incredibly rapid rate.You should only use it when surrounded by multiple opponents, a situation which rarely occurs in the game.
- The assault rifle located in the armory on the MedSci Deck is unbreakable and has reduced recoil. It will still decay, but will never jam regardless of its condition.
|System Shock 2 Weapons|
|Standard Weapons||Wrench • Talon M2A3 .45 Caliber Pistol • Shotgun • M-22 Assault Rifle|
|Energy Weapons||Apollo H4 Laser Pistol • Mark VI Laser Rapier • Dual-Circuit EMP Rifle|
|Heavy Weapons||TC-11 "Brick" Grenade Launcher • Stasis Field Generator • Fusion Cannon|
|Exotic Weapons||Crystal Shard • Viral Proliferator • Annelid Launcher|
|Others||Black Ops Psionic Amplifier|