Banned as illegal in most countries and aboard UNN ships, the ICE-pick is nevertheless a great help for any hacker who can afford the prices the black market charges for the device. A persistent rumor in the Hacker underground is that "Cantor", the ICE-pick's inventor, has offered his own ICE-breaking algorithms as a reward to anyone who can demonstrate to him a system the ICE-pick can't break.
Its limited power supply and custom-programmed Nanites make it good for one use only. ICE-picks are quite rare, so use them strategically. One common use is to hack a replicator that stocks useful equipment and is located near the main elevator. Visiting this hacked replicator at regular intervals can keep you well stocked without spending very much.
- ICE picks are relatively rare and should be conserved for hacking high-value objects, which are too difficult for the player's skills.
- ICE picks effectively eliminate the need for hacking skill above 4. The only objects in the game that have higher skill requirements are 3 high security crates and the MFD player
- The game requires the player to hack a replicator in the Command Deck shuttle bay area. An ICE pick can be used for this for a non-hacking oriented player build.
- In the final battle against SHODAN, there are three security terminals. Hacking these will lower her shield. Three ICE picks will make this task trivial.
- Likely named after Intrusion Countermeasures Electronics, a staple of cyberpunk terminology.