Citadel Station's Gamma grove clearly got launched about several months before the Hacker's cryogenic healing coma was finished. It didn't have as many mutants nor as much biocontamination as Beta Grove did (it likely was closer to what alpha grove was by the time the hacker reached executive level). Its also clear that SHODANs components just exist in the bridge aka level 9. She has her being all across the station, be it Level R, Maintence, or Storage etc. So, its not very far fetched to think that Gamma grove, which was jettisoned by rebellious Trioptimum employees after entering it in an attempt to escape to safety (one that resulted in them all being suffocated to death due to SHODAN managing to cause all life-support systems to shut …Read more >
There has been a large amount of artwork posted, I will post some of it after I decide on which angles to choose, if anyone has any particular one that you think should be kept, let me know. (Kelis98 (talk) 15:39, February 22, 2018 (UTC))
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/PwwgoRead more >
Read more >
Update: https://www.pcgamer.com/nightdive-talks-system-shock-remakes-change-in-direction-expects-release-probably-q1-of-2020/ (Kelis98 (talk) 18:21, February 17, 2018 (UTC))
This is a post to try and gather everything that needs to be done on the wiki. It won't be filled immediately but will be updated over time.
- Needs Updating
- Access Cards
Yet to be Categorized
- Cyber Upgrade Units
- Upgrade Units (2)
- Cybernetic Modules
- Hacking Replicators
- Clear the Shaft
- The Many
- My Revenge (1)
- My Revenge (2)
- Cyberspace Barricade
- Alix Banegas (CFO)
- Stephen Kick (CEO)
- Unknown Biological Infestation
- Other Social Media and Website Pages/Accounts (On hold till more activity)
- Background Change (May be done upon release of a new game)
(Kelis98 (talk) 23:26, January 9, 2018 (UTC))Read more >
I have been looking into Wookieepedia's Canon/Legends template in order to see how it works.
It seems that there are two articles seperated by a / and it seems as if there is one.
The following is a partially edited section of code from the original template:
} | canon | | }}
} | canon | | }}
} | canon
Read more >
I found this site that has the maps from the first game (they seem to be custom made), most notibly it has cyberspace maps. I was wondering if anyone wanted to use those cyberspace maps here? (They would have to be edited first). Here is the link if anyone is interested.
http://funkyhorror.ancilla.ca/toxicfrog/ss1/maps/Read more >
I've noticed that the mobile site is abit under developed (mainly in regards to the main page) so I just wanted to put this to everyone's attention incase others were unaware. Not the most immediate concern, but worth noting.Read more >
So, I'm pretty close to the end of System Shock 2. Although I'm not enjoying myself as much as I was earlier in the game, it's still pretty fun.
And then this happens.
I had been hacking every turret I could, because I never know when I'll need one, plus I value ammo more than nanites. I thought I could just hack this one, shoot the egg, and be on my way. However, when I shoot the egg, nothing happens. It takes me a second to realize that rather than the egg's health, the turret's health has gone down. And no matter what angle I tried to shoot from, it kept happening. Even though the turret is taking up so little space, its hitbox filled the hallway. The game forced me to destroy this turret for no clear logical reason.Read more >
Here's an interesting bit of news: it looks like Tau Ceti really does have planets! There's signs of at least four, which means we need to discover just one more...
https://arxiv.org/abs/1708.02051Read more >
Just saw my darling little sister all decked out in the wedding dress, all a-glow in white and looking angelic. To say she looks beautiful would be the understatement of the century. I can hardly believe that in the space of a year she'll have gone from single to engaged to married. She'll be half the country (or more) away for good and not even have the same last name as her big brother.
I'll miss her more than my 486 and my first laptop put together.
I'll miss her more than my old bedroom at my parents' house.
I'll miss her signature laugh, the way she stuck her tongue out at my bad jokes, and her whiter-than-paper smile.
...where do I go to hit F9 on real life and reload a save?Read more >
Just out of curiosity does anyone know what happens after the story level 3 timer goes out? Is there a special ending or do you just die? (Kelis98 (talk) 17:53, May 25, 2017 (UTC))Read more >
It's funny how after all these years of enjoying System Shock, I'm managing to find yet more surprises. Today, for instance, I found out that while the rare one-click-heals-all Surgery Machines can take a surprising amount of damage they will explode, hurting you but far worse permanently depriving you of an incredibly valuable resource. The icing on that crap cake would be if you happened to be on your last few hit points, sending you to the revival chamber, and the absolute cherry on top would be if you hadn't yet disabled SHODAN's cyborg conversion protocols. Call it 'the revenge of the auto-doctor'.
I suppose that technically something going boom from being repeatedly shot shouldn't really shock me (haha) but I got used to beating up invi…Read more >
Started a new game of System Shock to obtain some images for the wiki. In the beginning medical area there is a Control Pedestal next to where you find your first Dart Gun, and instead of a texture on a wall it's an actual 3D environment item. It can't be interacted with so being the compulsive gamer that I am, I decided to smash it with my brand new Lead Pipe to see if something happened.
Indeed, something DID happen. It exploded, revealing a pack of explosive needles for my nice new gun on the floor where the Control Pedestal had been.
I'm equal parts excited to find something actually new and amused at how the game rewards randomly smashing stuff.Read more >
It's now been ten long, weary years since I last was seriously involved in the System Shock fan community in any way. Now that I have too much time after work and too little energy and money to do much of anything, I figure it's about time I made some small contributions back to the community
I won't bother to go into all the ruddy drama except to say it feels like yesterday I compiled my very first level in Dromed, back long before NewDark was available. It was embarrassingly crude in design: a single room designed somewhat like my own bedroom, with a door that didn't work. But I felt like I'd conquered the world because I FINALLY managed to get the cantankerous level editor to behave, and by gosh and by golly I'd made something all by mys…Read more >
https://soundcloud.com/nightdivestudios/main-title#t=0:00Read more >
I just wanted to thank all the people who recently joined/have been helping out recently, thanks, it's been easier having more than 2-3 people editing this wiki. (Kelis98 (talk) 02:44, February 11, 2017 (UTC))Read more >
I created Controls but could not figure out how to categorize it. Is there a category for this stuff? Mikali Homeworld (talk) 20:43, January 14, 2017 (UTC)
- I've created a "Gameplay" category for the controls, which I have also applied to the Console Commands page (I'm also going to split the controls for each game into a separate page so the single one isn't as excessive). Categories can be added to an article under "Categories" section on the right column when editing a page. - Hathomirr (talk) 08:56, January 15, 2017 (UTC)
Since there are some E-Mails that start out as Rebecca and end with SHODAN, should there be two versions/pages for them or should they be on the same page?(Kelis98 (talk) 02:49, August 3, 2016 (UTC))
- I was wondering about that myself, but it would just be additional clutter to make multiple pages for each (something I've been trying to prevent since I got here). Adding multiple names to the category won't work either due to the auto-link, so just leave it be for now.
- Actually, its probably better that we just leave it alone, as the text of the log should supersede the audio. - Hathomirr (talk) 02:53, August 3, 2016 (UTC)
- What if you use a tabber?, would it work then?(Kelis98 (talk) 02:57, August 3, 2016 (UTC))
- That could work, but I'm unsure i…
(For some reason, I can't respond, so I'm writing it here.) That's fine, I would have worded it differetly, but I suppose it works. Also, if you don't mind do you think you could open it back up for editing? (I won't revert your edits, at the very least, I may reword it sometime). Another thing, I renamed TriOptimum Corporation to just TriOptimum (I thought it sounded better). (Kelis98 (talk) 23:50, July 29, 2016 (UTC))
- Ah yes, I forgot to change it back.
- And I suppose the renaming is fine, I'm not sure if it makes too much of a difference either way so long as you still have it labeled TriOptimum Corperation at the beginning of the article. Just be prepared to fix a handful of dead links. - Hathomirr (talk) 00:14, July 30, 2016 (UTC)
- Speaking …
Is there a reason that Biohazard got deleted and Toxin and Radiation didn't? (Kelis98 (talk) 21:12, July 28, 2016 (UTC))
- I'm planning on merging the Toxin page into the radiation one once I figure out exactly how that was meant to fit into the status effect listings.. The biohazard page listed the exact same information as the Radiation article, and it is technically the same thing under a different name. - Hathomirr (talk) 21:23, July 28, 2016 (UTC)
- Well that was because I didn't know what else to put. Can you at least merge the biohazard article with the toxin and radiation articles as well? (Kelis98 (talk) 21:27, July 28, 2016 (UTC))
- I shall do that. Also, something to keep in mind - If you don't know what to put for a topic, research it i…
What exactly goes in the "in-hand" section?
- I had intended to use animated gifs of the weapon sprites mid-fire to fill that section. There don't appear to be any ready made gifs around the net, so I'll have to make them myself. Each weapon has two frames, so it shouldn't be too difficult. Just have to figure out the process again. - Hathomirr (talk) 01:14, July 24, 2016 (UTC)
I've noticed that there are various images/gifs that appear to be taken directly out of the game files, so I was wondering if anyone could do the same (or tell me how to do it) for the Edward Diego screens, since it would look better than a screenshot.
- Yeah, I'll grab one from the archives when I can. Extracting the sprites and other images involves accessing the resource files from the game using a program that's normally used for Doom games, depending on the palette files you have.
- Also, I must ask you again to please give your images actual names instead of defaulting to "Screenshot#" and the like. - Hathomirr (talk) 22:27, July 15, 2016 (UTC)
- I went to rename them, but I didn't see an option to do so. When I upload them, it doesn't give m…
I'm a couple days late to this, but they've released the Kickstarter for the System Shock remaster. This also comes with a short playable demo for download, and its definitely worth checking out. I'll let you discover the refreshing experience for yourself.
If you can, back the project. It's only been a couple days, but they've already reached more than half their goal, and going beyond that opens the door for even more features and extra content.
Also, heh, something really cool I saw - They're planning on naming all of the corpses you find throughout the game after people who have pledged $350 or more to the project. $500 gets an enemy named after you (Humanoid Mutants only, I presume), and $750 gets you a personalized death log file with yo…Read more >
So, did SHODAN posess Rebecca through an implant, or a spider bite? I need a consistant answer here, guys...Read more >
Somebody's taken to submitting other people's System Shock fanart in the image gallery - Is that allowed, or is there an "official images only" rule?
- Thanks for bringing this to my attention (I guess it doesn't notify me when new images are uploaded). If the images are official concept art pieces by the developers, then it's alright so long as credit is given on the images page. From memory, I know some of these are official, but I'm not certain about the others.
- Kelis98 is the one who has uploaded these, so I'll need to inquire where they got these images from. - Hathomirr (talk) 08:30, March 25, 2016 (UTC)
I have amazing news! System Shock 1 has been brought back in all its glory by Looking Glass Studios, the same team that brought back other classics such as Harvester, I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream, and of course, System Shock 2.
When you buy it you'll have access to both an "Enhanced Edition" and a "Classic Edition" of the game, as well as a ton of goodies including the soundtrack in three different formats and the full original strategy guide!
Check it out on GOG.com here! For those of you that want a Steam version no word has been said on it but you can probably expect it soon!Read more >
My other wikis have been unusually active lately and Chartax is being most helpful so I'm coming back. I haven't been playing many video games since school started back up but I will be trying to resume my playthrough of System Shock 1 and help build the game's articles, as well as generally moderate more. Chartax has also been working on a new design for the front page to look more appealing.
This Wiki was a surprise success, and I hope to keep that success going and make it great.Read more >