|Apollo H4 Laser Pistol|
|Requirements||Energy Weapons - 1|
|Attack Type|| Single Shot|
|Damage|| 2 (Single Shot)|
|Summon Code||"laser pistol"|
The Apollo H4 Laser Pistol is a weapon in System Shock 2, and is the most basic Energy Weapon. This weapon relies on refracted light to damage its target, while the energy bolt projectile shown in-game is fast and small.
A Marine can choose to start the game with this weapon.
The Laser Pistol requires Energy Weapons skill level 1 to use. No research is required.
|Portable Battery - This weapon features a built-in electrical capacitor which is rechargeable and allows it to fire Energy Projectile.|
- Single Shot - Fires a blue projectile when the trigger is pulled and consumes 3 units of electrical energy per shot.
- Overcharge - Fires a red projectile when the trigger is pulled and consumes 20 units of electrical energy per shot. The shot has a larger blast radius and deals more damage.
- Upgrade 1 - Increases storage capacity by 50%, which is counting Maintenance bonus and increases damage by 10%.
- Upgrade 2 - Decreases energy consumption by 33% and increases damage to a total of 25%.
- In terms of damage it is the weakest weapon in the game.
- It deals less damage than its Standard Weapon counterpart, the Talon M2A3 .45 Caliber Pistol, and deals an even lower amount of damage to Arachnids.
- It deals double damage to fully mechanical targets, but the amount is still lower than that done by armor-piercing bullets.
- However, it is recoilless and has a theoretically infinite amount of ammunition. Therefore the Laser Pistol should be a more efficient, but not more effective, method to handle Turrets on the Engineering Deck.
- The Laser Pistol is also a better choice to destroy Security Camera than the pistol, as its ammunition costs nothing.
- The Pistol is simply a better choice for O.S.A. Agents than the Laser Pistol. The first Laser Pistol an O.S.A. Agent can obtain is located on the Engineering Deck, where you should already have a way of dealing with the Protocol Droids, Maintenance Robots and Turrets.
- It is recommended to upgrade your Maintenance skill in order to raise the energy capacity of the Laser Pistol.
- If you are attempting an Energy Weapons only approach, this weapon could be the only hope to destroy the Nodes of the Brain of The Many.
- If you're skilled in Energy Weapons, you may want to carry more than one laser pistol. It costs no more to recharge two laser pistols than it does one, so this can effectively double your "ammo" store.
- On the Command Deck, there is an unbreakable Laser Pistol located in a Security Crate above the middle Tram Stop. It will still decay, but will never jam regardless of its condition.
- Modification level 2 of this weapon is said to reduce energy consumption by 50%, but only reduces it by 33%.
- According to the in-game description, it is similar to the SparqBeam Sidearm weapon in System Shock.
|System Shock 2 Weapons|
|Standard Weapons||Wrench • Talon M2A3 .45 Caliber Pistol • Shotgun • M-22 Assault Rifle|
|Energy Weapons||Apollo H4 Laser Pistol • Mark VI Laser Rapier • Dual-Circuit EMP Rifle|
|Heavy Weapons||TC-11 "Brick" Grenade Launcher • Stasis Field Generator • Fusion Cannon|
|Exotic Weapons||Crystal Shard • Viral Proliferator • Annelid Launcher|
|Others||Black Ops Psionic Amplifier|